Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where does the time go??

Wow it has been a really long time since I sat down and updated about life in cupcake world...

I have been toying with the idea of selling my cupcakes, I thought the first step was to actually figure out if my cupcakes were good enough to sell. I enlisted a group of 11 local moms to be my testers, every week for 10 weeks, they get 4 cupcakes to test, only requirement is they give me honest feed back. So far it is going really well, I have actually been asked to bake cupcakes for a ladies night and a few other things.

Week 1 I did chocolate cake that was frosted with a chocolate buttercream frosting and garnished with chocolate chunks. The second cupcake was a vanilla cake frosted with a vanilla buttercream and garnished with a fondant flower for some color.



Week 2 I did my favorite cupcake, salted chocolate caramel. It was a dark chocolate cupcake, filled with a homemade caramel and sea salt, frosted with dark chocolate frosting and garnished with sea salt. HEAVEN. The second cupcake was a spiced pumpkin frosted with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting, I am not a fan of pumpkin but I can say the frosting was quite yummy! These both got amazing reviews.


This week I am trying a pecan pie cupcake and a caramel apple cupcake, I am excited to see how they turn out :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you were still local to me. I'd so be a taster, and you know I'd give you honest feedback :) I'm glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I may have to risk shipping some cupcakes to see how they do :)

    ReplyDelete