Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 3 & Week 4

Cupcake tasting is moving right along, so far the response has been great and I have gotten a ton of great feedback.

Week 3 only had 1 cupcake in it, I had planned on doing a caramel apple cupcake, however could not get them to cook right. They would rise really high then fall and sink really bad in the middle. My google research gave me the reassurance that this is a common problem with apples, due to them holding in steam. I may try this again but grate the apples this time. I did however send out a really yummy pecan pie cupcake. It was a cupcake filled with a ton of pecans and topped with a brown sugar frosting, it really did taste like a slice of pecan pie! YUM


Week 4 was a fun week, cupcake #1 was the lemon lime one that I have made several times for other occasions. It is a lemon lime cake that is glazed with a lemon lime frosting, it is a great end when you want dessert but dont want something overly sweet. Cupcake # 2 was chocolate stout cupcake frosted with a vanilla bean cream cheese. I used Youngs double chocolate stout beer in place of the Guiness and it worked really well, made a nice moist cake. The frosting was amazing, I used a vanilla bean paste in addition to the vanilla extract.


No comments:

Post a Comment