Sunday, August 7, 2011

lots of yummy things

Last week I tried a new cheesecake recipe, I think I have finally found my go to recipe! This was the perfect balance of creamy and rich, not too dry but not mushy, just right! Every one in the house had multiple slices, and Matthew asks daily if I can make more! I made a homemade raspberry sauce to go with it, I used really nice fresh raspberries and used a spoon to break them up so you got nice bites of raspberry, only added a small amount of sugar so it wasn't overly sweet....yumm it was perfect! I was quite pleased by how easy and tasty it all was.

Saturday we went to "lobster fest" at the Kemper house, I decided to try a new cupcake recipe on everyone...lemon-lime. Wow, they were AMAZING! Not too heavy or sweet with a nice lemon lime bite, the perfect end to lobster night. I was really surprised by how easy the batter was, eggs sugar, lemon juice powder, lime juice and zest, and a small amount of cake flour. They had a lemon lime glaze on them instead of the usual buttercream frosting. Thank you again to the Kemper family for having us and for all the wonderful food! Erik definitely got is fill of lobsters, stuffies, and steamers!
Today is rainy and nasty out, and I am in the mood to make soup. I will have to go raid the pantry and fridge and see what I have in there to throw together. I am really craving Portuguese soup, I think I have everything except the kale. I may have to brave the rain and go to the grocery store.

2 comments:

  1. the cup cakes were so good but now i want that cheesecake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I'd like some cheesecake. Really though, you had a great recipe for cheesecake back when the boys were at Infinet. I don't know why you every strayed from it ;-)

    ReplyDelete