Thursday, July 28, 2011

yummy things in the works

I have lots of yummy things in the works. Right now I have sourdough starter "starting" so I can try my hand at sourdough bread, I have the stuff to make everything bagels this weekend, and at some point I am going to make lemon lime cupcakes with a lemon glaze. YUM

I got up and took Molly to doggie day care so she can play with her friends today while I work on my latest project, painting Matthew's new room! He requested a Star Wars room, so Erik and I convinced him that he wanted to move to the bigger empty room. I have it all taped and hopefully today during nap time I will get it painted. We chose a really nice blue-grey color. I think I am more excited about it then he is! After we get him all settled in his new room, we will move Adam over to Matthew's old room. I think we are going to do his room in Thomas the Tank Engine.

Matthew has been going to Hooray For Books camp this week, they do reading activities and cooking activities with them. So far he has made "dog chow" which is basically muddy buddy snack mix, and they made lobster claw shaped soft pretzels. Both VERY cute! Next week he has art camp, they were told to wear clothes they can get messy as they will be working with clay and paper mache. I am sure he will enjoy that :)

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over and that Matthew starts Kindergarten in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment